Year 1 Hub
Welcome to the class hub page for Year 1! Here you can find information about what we are learning, home learning for the week and important notices.
This week in Year 1:
This week has been busy in Year 1. We were very excited to meet Miss Taylor and we are pleased she is going to be teaching us this term.
We took part in a wonderful Science workshop all about the human body! We learnt about different food groups and how each one helps our body to grow and be healthy.
- PE is on Wednesday and Friday.
- Children should come to school wearing their PE uniform. They will stay in their PE uniform for the whole day.
- Please make sure children are dressed appropriately for the weather as some lessons will take place outside.
Children will get an opportunity to spend some time in our school library. They will be able to choose a book and bring it home to read. They can then swap it during our next library session for another one.
Click here to read our schools Latest News
- The school day starts promptly in class at 8.55 am. Please use the soft start from 8.45 am to ensure your child is on time.
- Children in Y1 are collected at the classroom door at 3.15pm.
- If your child is late to school, please bring them to the school office to sign them in.
- Children are provided with a healthy snack each day. If they bring their own snack to school, they must be healthy. Grapes should be cut in half length-ways at home if they are being brought for a snack.
- Please make sure all belongings are labelled.
Every Thursday, children will be set home learning. This will be posted on our class hub in the section below.
Home learning should be handed in on the following Monday to allow time for it to be checked and returned before new tasks are set.
If you have any trouble logging into your Collins ebook account please let me know and I can look into it for you.
Log into you ebook account and read the book that you have been assigned.
During our lessons this week, Nibbles has been chewing through more stories.
For homework this week we would like you to create your own wanted poster for Nibbles.
Think about why people might want to catch Nibbles. What has Nibbles done to all the books?
Spelling and Phonics
Graphemes we have been looking at this week are:
e-e ew aw ie
Spelling words this week are:
Mrs Sorenson's group
Number bonds to 10
Complete the number bonds to 10 sheet in your book looking at the tens frames and then writing the number sentence.
Challenge: In your books, can you write out all the number bonds to 10?
Next week's learning:
We will be continuing to learn more about addition and subtraction.
We will be reading a new book "The Three Little Pigs"