Year 1 Hub
Welcome to the class hub page for Year 1! Here you can find information about what we are learning, home learning for the week and important notices.
This week in Year 1:
This week has been busy in Year 1.
In Science are learning about the planet. The children designed posters in order to 'save the planet'.
Also in PE the children had a visitor who taught them how to play Cricket. The children really enjoyed this.
In two weeks we will be making 'sock puppets' in DT. Please could the children bring in a pair of socks please.
- PE is on Tuesday and Thursday this half term.
- Children should come to school wearing their PE uniform. They will stay in their PE uniform for the whole day.
- Please make sure children are dressed appropriately for the weather as some lessons will take place outside.
Children will get an opportunity to spend some time in our school library. They will be able to choose a book and bring it home to read. They can then swap it during our next library session for another one.
Click here to read our schools Latest News
- The school day starts promptly in class at 8.55 am. Please use the soft start from 8.45 am to ensure your child is on time.
- Children in Y1 are collected at the classroom door at 3.15pm.
- If your child is late to school, please bring them to the school office to sign them in.
- Children are provided with a healthy snack each day. If they bring their own snack to school, they must be healthy. Grapes should be cut in half length-ways at home if they are being brought for a snack.
- Please make sure all belongings are labelled.
Every Thursday, children will be set home learning. This will be posted on our class hub in the section below.
Home learning should be handed in on the following Monday to allow time for it to be checked and returned before new tasks are set.
If you have any trouble logging into your Collins ebook account please let me know and I can look into it for you.
English and Maths
We have been reading a new story called 'Grandad's Island'.
For your homework we would like the children to write about what they think Grandad and Syd do while on the ship e.g Grandad and Syd explored the deck where they can see many creatures in the sea.
For Maths the children have been doing number bonds to 50.
For Homework ask the children to use the number frame to 50 they will bring home.
Ask the children to use this to find one more and one less up to 50.
Challenge: Can you find one more and one less up to 100.
Spelling and Phonics
Please have a go at this weeks phonics.