Year 4 Hub
This week in Year 4:
As we begin to investigate art that has survived since Ancient Greece, we studied how the civilisation decorated ceramics and celebrated the achievements of olympians and famous warriors from battles and myths. We had a very enjoyable and focused afternoon recreating this style and its themes. See what you think....
There is an additional History challenge homework task below which some children may find enjoyable and can be handed in any day next week. This is optional.
Click here to read our schools Latest News
- The school day starts promptly in class at 8.55 am. Please use the soft start from 8.45 am to ensure your child is on time.
- Year 4 have PE on Tuesday. PE uniform must be worn to school on these days.
- Year 4 have a library book-changing slot on a Friday afternoon. Normal reading books can be changed any day
- Year 4 have swimming on a Friday.
- The children are able to bring in healthy snacks for break time.
Every Thursday, the children will be set home learning. This will be posted in our Class Hub in the section below. The categories this will consist of can be seen below. English and Maths have separate Home Learning books for the work to be completed in.
Home learning should be handed in on the following Monday to allow time for it to be checked and returned before new tasks are set.
Last week's challenge task continues (optional):
Spelling is tested every Thursday.
The following spellings will be tested on 30th November:
The following spellings will be tested on 7th December:
Maths challenge work (optional):
Next week's Learning:
Maths: To multiply and divide by 1 and 0. To multiply three numbers together.
English: To approach writing from different characters' points of view, confidently extending 1st person sentences using conjunctions.