Year 4 Hub
This week in Year 4:
It has been fab to get our teeth into all our new topics this week. In Science we're studying 'Sound', in History - 'The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire', and in French - 'Where in the World'.
Our English study book this half-term is the brilliant 'When the Giant Stirred' by Celia Godkin.
There will be no spelling homework for next week. Instead children will be expected to practise and learn the 6x table for a test on Thursday 29th February. This has been discussed in class and we will practise together. Please also support your child in learning it. They have activity sheets and can also practise online here .
Some Year 4's also enjoyed a brilliant clay pottery session on Monday. Thank you to the fantastic 'Time-Givers' for helping organise this.
Click here to read our schools Latest News
- The school day starts promptly in class at 8.55 am. Please use the soft start from 8.45 am to ensure your child is on time.
- Year 4 have PE on Tuesday. PE uniform must be worn to school on these days.
- Year 4 have a library book-changing slot on a Friday afternoon. Normal reading books can be changed any day
- Year 4 have swimming on a Friday.
- The children are able to bring in healthy snacks for break time.
Every Thursday, the children will be set home learning. This will be posted in our Class Hub in the section below. The categories this will consist of can be seen below. English and Maths have separate Home Learning books for the work to be completed in.
Home learning should be handed in on the following Monday to allow time for it to be checked and returned before new tasks are set.
Follow the link below to Times Tables Rock Stars. Once logged in, children should click on 'Garage' and complete the 'Heatmap' games.
Next week's Learning:Maths: Fractions - understanding the whole and using/partitioning mixed numbers.
English: Learning about all the components that make a successful sentence. What is a determiner? and how can we extend sentences by adding a subordinate clause?