Year 6 Hub
This week in Year 6:
This week we have been learning how to simplify fractions using the Highest Common Factor. To consolidate our learning, we went on a fraction hunt in the playground to find, and simply, a range of fractions!
To celebrate Children In Need last week, we designed our very own Pudseys!
Indoor PE- Tuesdays
Outdoor PE- Wednesdays
Click here to read our schools Latest News
- The school day starts promptly in class at 8.55 am. Please use the soft start from 8.45 am to ensure your child is on time. If your child is late to school, please bring them to the school office to sign them in.
- If children they bring in a snack to school, they must be healthy.
- Please make sure all belongings are labelled.
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and collected in on a Monday.
- Year 6 have a library book changing slot on a Thursday afternoon. Normal reading books can be changed any day.
- Year 6 must bring their reading journals into school every Monday to be checked.
Due Monday 27th November.
Please remember your reading record is due every Monday with at least two new entries.
|Maths Arithmetic book:||Page 8 and 9 "Multiply and divide by 10,100,1000"|
|Maths Targeted Question book:|
|Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling:||Page 51 "Hyphens"|
|Comprehension:||Page 10 "Cider with Rosie"|
Maths Question book stretch:
(Not everyone child has this book)
Next week's learning:
Fractions - adding and subtracting
Non-fiction texts - information/explanation/persuasion